Saturday, December 5, 2009

A curve reworked, A switch placed and A turntable powered!

I finally got the engine terminal switch tied into the mainline with a wye turnout.
From Miltonburg Branch Subdivision

As you can see from the picture I had to rework the radii of the curves to make the turnout fit in. The radius ended up having to be reduced towards the end of the curve; I was however able to keep enough straightway track between the two curves so operation will not suffer. The turn table got wired into the power buss and its a split ring turntable so I won’t need another auto reverser.
Zach’s little engine (EMD F-9) he got for Christmas last year got a Digitrax  DN-121 today. The little bachman engine was a real pain to put a decoder into. I had to mill the frame to make room and isolate the motor with CA and insulating rubber (road bicycle superlight tube material). The rubber made it a little quieter than it had been, I think. I did, while I was at it, put a rear light in it and give it a good cleaning.
From Miltonburg Branch Subdivision

This brings my “decoder equipped” loco count up to 3.
From Miltonburg Branch Subdivision

Night time in Miltonburg!

No comments:

Post a Comment